Thursday, December 18, 2008

Where does my time go?

So after deciding to ditch the warlock at 60 I said, screw it might as well learn the class now. I logged onto my main account and the account that the warlock is on and started 2 druids. As I got them to level 8 in 1 hour and 45 minutes the time doesn't seem right to me but then again the tauren starting area is nothing but collection quest gg. About 50% into 8 I get people in vent saying, hey dummy come heal nexus for us. So off I go to get onto my shaman. Well low and behold it's normal mode and I'm sitting on heroes and badge gear so I decide to start screwing around and pulling mobs two pulls ahead which no big deal since 4 of the 5 of us are sitting in vent laughing our asses off. At this point the tank was probualy thinking I was a complete tool. But anywaze long story short we get to the last boss and Bam! Server down. Thank you Illidan for ridding us of your wonderful lag replacing it with server crashes. So we finally get back in and the druid is nowhere to be found so we bring in a friend tank and zone in to find the instance had reset. At this point I really wanted to get back to my druids but they insist on finishing it. So we start pulling again this time we have a heroes warrior and shaman so more goofing off goes down. I'm pretty sure we cleared all the trash in 3 pulls plus I got that damn awesome santa hat from the boss! Wish I'd remembered to upload my screenshots. As soon as we get done here Bam! pm from my other warrior buddy saying hey heroic UK now!! So once again off I go. This was a fast fun run of people we knew, all well geared. By this time it's almost 10 o'clock and I had logged onto my shaman at around 6:30. In the middle of UK I had recieved a pm from my other shammy friend who I am on a 5's team with for the new arena season. He's like hey wanna heal 5's? Well I want some gear so I say yes and off I go to do that. By the time I'm done it's almost 11:15 and I'm trying to think of the fastest way to get my druid to 15. So I call upon my pally friend to boost me in rfc. So as soon as he is within 4 levels of my pally I hope on him and bring them both in. S now I have a 16 pally, 15 1/2 mage, shaman, priest and a 14 1/2 druid. By this time it's nearing 2 am. So I decided to give rfc a solo try.

So I get to the 2-3 mob pulls and wipe on a 3 pull. I refined my tactics a little more and try again this time I manage to tab my way through the mobs to keep them on me, mind you I am doing this with one hand so it's not the easiest thing to do. I wipe again after getting 1 guy down and another to 10%. My problem this time was VRCommander was lagging it up and I was getting late shields and heals. I decide to end the night on that. My thoughts afterward are to get my mage sheeping macro done and start going back to healing with just the keyboard to make sure I get the heals on time. So if I can condense all this to my right side of the keyboard. With that I'm possibly looking at putting rfc on farm leveling status tonight depending on if and how 25 naxx goes.

Now that I'm already considering going back to the keyboard I'm trying to think of the best way to set this up. I'm thinking about this setup.

Num 0 - Assist macro
Num 1 - Initial aggro/damage
Num 2 - Sustained aggro/dps
Num 3 - Target tank
Num 4 - Shield
Num 5 - Lesser Heal
Num 6 - Renew
Num 7 - Buffing
Num 8 -
Num 9 -
Num . - Mage focus
Num Enter - Mage Sheep

Maybe I should look into an x-keys pad soon, little pricey for me though. Once I get my hand back I can start using my G keys on my G15 keyboard .

No comments:

Post a Comment